Thursday, August 16, 2012

Days 2,3,4,5

Hello everybody, I'd planned to do this daily, in an effort to see my day to day progress in solitude, however, my internet connection was on the blink this week. Or, I should say, the neighbor's internet connection was on the blink. I'd been jumping on it, at the side of the road in a lawnchair. Some would say that's not much of an office, other's might say its a very large office, depending how one looked at it. But without the internet, I have to say its been pretty sublime. I threw myself into my book, focused in a way I'd not been in some time. I'm relaxed too. The constant gentle hum of the wind in the trees, the crickets and bird chirps is one hell of a calming soundtrack to life. Lets see, one day I walked as far as I could in one direction until the sunset. The next I walked in another direction until the sunset. The next day, another, and another the next. A squirrel knocks pine cone down on me while I have my morning coffee under the tree that houses his or her nest. And I've been chopping up a giant birch tree that was felled during a storm, that's a good workout. The day is long enough to do all these things when I'm not plugged in. I really don't think I'd notice that damned squirrel if I was online. Just more proof for me that ye ole web is not so much access to the world, as it is a block from it. I'm in Grand Forks righ now to get a few things, and already, my shoulders are tense, and I feel rushed...and Grand Forks is a LOT smaller than New York City. I'd like to tell you I'll try to stay this relaxed in New York, but I think relaxation is territorial bound, even if you're the most blissed out Zen head on your block...whatever, I've got two more weeks left and I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it...take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment